Life of DnA


The Life Of DnA...

Saturday, December 02, 2006

"Stamp-Lickers"

Today was indeed, a very random day! I was particularly more observant and on the ball, as they say!

No matter where I looked or travelled to - I saw people with letters and stamps... You're probably thinking that's harmless - what's all the fuss about?!?!? It's not normally a problem - but today all i noticed were people licking stamps! And I started to notice it more and more. And the more I noticed, the more gross it became!

To be honest - I dont lick stamps! Partly, because I hate the taste of it and 2ndly, you dont really know where this stamp as been. As far as Im concerned, the cashier selling the stamp to you, could have had dirty fingers! I am a definite fan of sticky self-adhesive stamps. If I do have to lick the stamp, I wet my finger in my mouth, then smear the damp finger on the stamp!

Today, I noticed different ways of licking a stamp... Here are a few examples!

-Using the tip of your tongue and keeping your lips generally closed - rotating the stamp
-Opening your mouth as wide as you can (so that you can see your tonsils) and then literally putting the whole stamp on the tongue - then sticking the stamp (which becomes damp on the top and bottom) onto the post! Gross man!!! Worst thing is you can see the saliva still on the post after the stamp has been stuck on!

For those out there who next decide to lick stamps - pls turn away so that the insides of your mouth are not in full view of someone else... And if you do decide to pass a newly-licked stamped letter to someone - pls make sure that the letter is dry!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that each stamp you lick gives you one calorie. hmmm...

12/03/2006 4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home