Life of DnA


The Life Of DnA...

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Needles and Bling Bling!

For the past 2 days since my arrival - my skin has been "exploding" with my allergy rash and nothing seems to keep it at bay (Not even my western medicine!).... So this morning it was a family trip (Huppy, his parents and I) to see a chinese doctor... "You're body is heaty and damp... You must avoid all seafood, egg, milk, heaty fried foods, mushrooms, cold foods/drinks..." Ummm - so exactly what can I eat now?!?!?!? And its so typical - you're on hols and you cant eat anything!! Well, its not that awful - cos when my skin goes bad, my diet is restricted anyway... so I'm sort of used to it.. so looks like it's steamed food for awhile!

Then the doctor asks "I recommend acupuncture - would you be willing to try it?!" My mind went a bit blank and he had to repeat it again!!! Huppy reassured me that it didn't hurt (as he once had it done on his head!)... If you know how wimpish I am over needles - you will understand my worries!!! Well, it had to be done... my skin was bad and I needed to try anything!!... So I had to lay down on the examination bed and he stuck needles along my leg (ankle to knee), then more down my arm (elbow to wrist).. What was the feeling like? It wasn't pain as such... but there was this pressure each time he pierced the needle into the correct area.. You know when you hit a "funny bone" - it was like that... I lay there for over 30mins and certain areas go numb... So, has it helped? Well, the rash and the inflammatory response has gone down a bit... so we'll have to see over these next few weeks! Would I go again? Yeah.. cos it wasn't that bad!

Huppy and I then went shopping alone at another shopping centre, where we looked at some wedding rings....
Half way thru - we met up with Huppy's cousin Andy. The rings were nice! Bling bling! We went to a lot of shops but eventually went back to our favourite design... We had it engraved on the inner side of the ring... cant wait to wear it... not long!!! p.s. The rings below are not the ones we chose, but its sort of the same colour!!! You'll just have to wait!!

Our dinner appointment was in town with Andy, Kritsy and Wen hao... We ate at a Japanese restaurant and talked about random and "what if" stuff... I love these talks... cos its really interesting!!! Another late nighter, bedtime at 3am-ish.... hey, who cares - we're on holiday mode!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home