Life of DnA


The Life Of DnA...

Sunday, January 07, 2007

How can I be more creative?

Today I read something really interesting and it triggered off numerous qns in my "hibernating" mind... People who know me have noticed that my mind is not as active as it once was! Whereas I used to glance at something or read it - I would have been able to memorise it or remember it. Now, I dont even remember what I did yesterday, let alone, what I did last week!!! Awful thing is that I dont even remember some of the events that happened during my uni days - when pri was talking about it!!! oops!!!

This article stated that the mind is made up of the id, the ego, and the superego. The id is concerned with satisfying our needs, the ego is aware of the self and the world, and the superego is concerned with morality.

It said that creative ideas originate in the unconscious id and must be filtered through the ego and superego before they can be expressed to the world. The ego may reject an idea because it is unrealistic or impractical and the superego may reject an idea because it is against our ethics. Let me give you a random example! Say I want to genetically engineer a purple cat - this might be rejected by the ego for being impossible. The idea to throw a cat into a bucket of purple paint would be rejected by the superego for being cruel! So do you understand?

Very few creative ideas will get past an overly restrictive ego and superego. At the same time, an excessively passive ego or superego will result in the expression of many impractical or immoral ideas. So what can I do to improve my creativity? It suggested that you do brain exercises as it can train the ego and superego to be more or less selective depending upon our needs...

My summary is if you exercise your brain daily it will help you to learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. Im sure you can guess what I'm gonna be doing then!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home