Life of DnA


The Life Of DnA...

Sunday, October 02, 2005

What Makes A Good Cheesecake?!?


Whilst walking thru the aisles of Tesco Extra, Huppy decided we wanted to make a cheesecake - not too sure why and where the idea came from, but it happened! So off we went to get a "all-in-one cheesecake ingredients" pack...

This cheesecake pack contained everything you needed, with everything measured and weighed... the only thing you needed was milk and just to follow the instructions and mix it!! i suppose you could call this the "beginners pack" or you could call it the "quick time cheesecake pack"!

Anyways, Huppy started to pour the base powder into the glass container... then add butter... ummm - I wonder whether the correct quantity of butter was used? Well, not exactly cos the base was a bit dry! So Chef Tan added more butter.

Then step 2... add a certain quantity of milk to the cheesecake powder... Oh no, we didnt have a measure... so Chef Tan decided to estimate.... Oh no, too much milk so out came the 2nd packet of cheesecake powder (we bought 2 packs you see!!!! ;p) Mix Mix and pour onto the base.. chill for 30 mins, add abit of decorations... and there you go.. the finished product...

Taste verdict:
Huppy (also known as Chef Tan) - Too moist and sweet
Bingy - suprisingly liked it! Although it didnt look very pro and the consistency was soft/moist when it was cut, it tasted rather scrumptious!!
UK Family - Didnt comment but ate it all, so i think that's a thumbs up!

Qn: So what makes a good cheesecake?
I asked myself this qn over and over again... I even went to buy some pre-made cheesecakes to taste the differences in flavours and brands.... My verdict was, no matter what cheesecake I ate, it still didnt have that "yeah-that's it" taste, compared to the one huppy made. The truth is I cant really answer what makes a good cheesecake - in terms of a professional cheesecake maker. However, my answer is as follows:
A good cheesecake is where the person who makes it is the one whom knows how to cater for your taste, or should I say, the one whom your tastebuds have grown to love. Its rather weird... I dont usually eat cheesecake, nor do I intend to often - however, when I do decide to eat it in the future - I hope its Huppy's that I do eat.. Now, do you see my point? That's what makes a good cheesecake - that peckish feeling, the desire to have that "yeah-that's it" feeling... Hope you guys know that feeling cos that's when you can answer the qn "what makes a good..."

Enjoy :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dental Care said...

cheesecakE!
hmm..
been trying to make the perfect one after so many attempts.. yah ..always have the "hmm...taste weird" feeling" .. hahah..
no worries dasie..whoever master it first shall teach the other partie! cheers~

10/09/2005 4:25 pm  
Blogger Allan said...

Hmmm...
I suppose the cheese cake is not the best-est of all cheese cake in the world, but it think as long as my bingy is happy with it, it is fine!! ehaehaehaehae...
next time make her more..
and andy, i cannot teach u how to make a good cheese cake, but i can pass u the tesco pre-pack! heahehaehaeh..

10/10/2005 12:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home