Life of DnA


The Life Of DnA...

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Poem Competition

Today I saw an article in our local newspaper... "Write a poem about life in your own area and win £1000"...

I sat on my bed whilst trying to gather thots and inspiration... what to write and how to write and where to write about.... ummm. 30 mins passed, then 1 hour passed...At last!

Anyone with any comments or tips? Enjoy :)

"Finding Peace in Roath Park Swans"
--------------------------------------
As I travel down life's busy road
Usually complaining of my own heavy load,
I often think I've been treated unfair
'Cos I feel I've been given more than my share.
I grab some bread off my small kitchen table
And I walk for hours until I am able.
Each time I feel this, I always end here-
The place called Roath Park, where the swans have no fear.
I learn from these swans as I admire their grace
And reflect on my life's fast, random pace.
I rip and I throw the bread in all fashion
Feeding these swans with all of my passion.
So free, so pure, as they compete for the bread
Whilst helping me to have a clearer head.
Thank you dear swans for giving me peace
As my own little worries begin to cease.




1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow.. it's such a nice poem.. simple yet inspiring. nice work! i wouldnt be able to come up with these even if i sat down for 10 hrs!

9/04/2005 8:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home